There are so many nursing programs in America today, and we're going to review some of them. It usually takes a special kind of person to be a nurse, and that's why they are held in such high regard. It takes courage, compassion, and intelligence to succeed as a nurse.
In addition to those essential personal qualities, aspiring nurses must also have an affinity for science and medicine. To help you get started on your nursing career path, we've compiled this list of the top 10 rated nursing programs in America.
- What exactly is a nursing program?
- Why is it so important to attend top rated nursing programs in the US?
- Top Rated Nursing Programs in America
- The Best Nursing Programs in the US
- Online Nursing Degree Programs
- Registered Nurse Training Program Requirements
- Best RN to BSN Programs - Ranking by Reviews
- Frequently Asked Questions
What exactly is a nursing program?
Nursing programs can be very different in their content, length, and other aspects, but they often include such subjects as anatomy and physiology, microbiology, pathophysiology, sociology, pharmacology, psychology, critical thinking and decision-making, and communication.
In the United States and Canada, a nursing program leads to an associate's or bachelor's degree.
An associate degree is usually offered by a community college or other two-year institution, whereas a bachelor's degree is usually obtained from a university.
Beyond the bachelor's degree, nursing professionals can pursue further education through master's or doctoral programs.
Why is it so important to attend top rated nursing programs in the US?
One of the best indicators of how successful you will be in your nursing career, especially in the US, is the nursing program where you received your degree.
The top nursing schools have a proven track record of helping their students succeed. Attending a top nursing school is one of the best ways to get ahead in your nursing career.
Employers are always looking for nurses who have the advanced education and skills necessary to work in specialized fields. Attending any of the top rated nursing schools in US is also helpful if you plan on going into nursing administration.
Employers are more likely to give more responsibility and higher-paying positions to nurses who have the advanced degree necessary to move up in the ranks.
READ ALSO: The 10 Best No Essay Scholarships
Top Rated Nursing Programs in America
When selecting the top 10 nursing programs in the U.S., we considered factors including:
- Program outcomes
- NCLEX pass rate
- Program Quality
- Accreditation (all ranked schools have ACEN or CCNE accreditation)
Here are the 10 top rated nursing programs in the US:
|School Name||Tuition Fee||Traditional||Online||Accelerated||Bridge|
|1. Duke University||$48,294/yr||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|2. Georgetown University||$61,872/yr||Yes||Yes for graduate; no for BSN||No||No|
|3. Johns Hopkins University||$70,794/yr||No||Yes||No||No|
|4. New York University||$56,500/yr||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|5. University of Pennsylvania||$53,166/yr||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|6. University of Michigan||$17,800/yr||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|7. University of California Los Angeles||In-State = $16,545.69/yr | Out-of-State = $31,062/yr||Yes||Hybrid DNP||No||No|
|8. University of Washington||In-State = $16,104/yr | Out-of-State = $53,208/yr||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|9. Emory University||$53,070/yr||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|10. University of Maryland||In-State = $9,446/yr | Out-of-State = $38,882/yr||Yes||Yes||No||No|
The Best Nursing Programs in the US
The above list should be very helpful in selecting the best nursing programs in the US. The best nursing programs in the US are the ones that are right for you and your unique circumstances. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to choosing a nursing program.
Your choice of a great nursing program should be based on a number of factors, including your future career goals, the location of the school, and the duration of the program.
Let's take a look at some of the top nursing programs. Keep in mind that each of these nursing programs has its own strengths and weaknesses. The best nursing schools for you will be the ones that match your specific needs and preferences.
Here are some other examples of the best nursing programs in the US:
- Johns Hopkins University: Johns Hopkins has a long and storied history when it comes to nursing education. The Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing is one of the top nursing schools in the country. Students at Johns Hopkins are provided with numerous opportunities to gain real-world experience as part of their education.
- Columbia University: Columbia University's Nursing program is also highly regarded. Graduates of Columbia's Nursing program have a strong reputation for excellence in the field.
- Yale University: Yale University's School of Nursing is also a top nursing school worth considering.
Online Nursing Degree Programs
Some of these nursing schools in the US do offer online nursing degree programs and you should check them out. There has never been a better time to pursue a nursing degree. With so many online nursing schools available, it's easier than ever to earn an online nursing degree.
Attending an online nursing school has a number of advantages. One of the best advantages of online nursing schools is the cost. Online nursing degree programs tend to be less expensive than traditional brick-and-mortar schools.
At the same time, online nursing schools offer many of the same advantages offered by traditional nursing schools. For example, online nursing degree programs offer flexible scheduling and can be completed on a part-time basis.
Earning a nursing degree online is not as easy as it sounds. You still need to be sure that the online nursing school has a great reputation.
Registered Nurse Training Program Requirements
There are no nationwide standards or regulations that govern the training process of becoming a registered nurse. While the State Board of Nursing issues guidelines for nurse training programs, the decision to regulate these programs is left up to each individual state.
Some states have strict regulations for nurse training programs, while others have very few regulations or no regulations at all. If you are interested in becoming a registered nurse, it's important to find out what the specific regulatory requirements are in your state.
If you are interested in pursuing a career as a registered nurse, you will need to first earn an associate's degree in nursing or a bachelor's degree in nursing.
Best RN to BSN Programs – Ranking by Reviews
- Arizona State University: Arizona State University's online nursing program has a great reputation. Students who graduate from this online nursing program are very satisfied with the educational experience they receive.
Graduates of Arizona State's online nursing program report that they are well prepared to begin their nursing careers.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison: University of Wisconsin-Madison's online nursing program is also very highly regarded. Graduates of this online nursing program report feeling well-prepared to begin a career in nursing.
- Brandman University: Brandman University's online nursing program is another excellent choice. Graduates of this online nursing program report feeling well-prepared for a career in nursing.
- University of Virginia: University of Virginia's online nursing program is a top nursing program that offers a BSN-only option. UVA's online nursing program is very flexible and can be completed on a part-time basis.
UVA's online nursing program is also well respected and has a very high graduation rate.
- University of Pennsylvania: University of Pennsylvania's online nursing program offers a BSN-only option. Penn's online nursing program is very well respected and has a very high graduation rate. Penn's online nursing program is also very flexible and can be completed on a part-time basis.
- University of Notre Dame: University of Notre Dame's online nursing program offers a BSN-only option.
- The University of Texas at Austin: The University of Texas at Austin's online nursing program is another excellent choice. UT Austin's online nursing program offers a great BSN-to-MSN transition option.
Gaining a BSN from UT Austin is a great move for nurses who want to advance in their careers and become nurse practitioners.
Frequently Asked Questions
There you have it, the 10 Top Rated nursing programs in the US and other related information that will be helpful to you as you work on your career as a nurse in the US.
Nursing is a bold, challenging, and rewarding career path. A nursing program from a top nursing school is the best way to enter this in-demand field.
I'll advise though; Before choosing a nursing program, make sure to do your research. Look up information about the nursing programs available in your area. Make sure to look for program rankings, graduation rates, and other important statistics.
Choosing the best nursing program will help you become a great nurse and have a successful career.