Barry University is a private University established in 1940. It is one of the top universities in the USA and is situated in Miami Shores, Florida. The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges has accredited the university.
The University admits students from over 80 countries that practice a variety of religions and celebrates religious identity via worship and ritual. Also, more than 9000 students attend this university. It grants bachelor's, master's, doctorate, and specialist degrees.
- Why Choose Barry University?
- What is Barry University Acceptance Rate?
- What Are The Courses Offered at Barry University?
- What is Barry University Tuition?
- What is Barry University Transfer Acceptance Rate?
- What is Barry University Acceptance Rate By Major?
- What Are The Necessary Requirements for Barry University?
- What Are The Transfer Requirements For Barry University?
- What is The GPA Needed To Get into Barry University?
- What is the Barry University Deadline?
- What Are Barry University Decision Dates?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why Choose Barry University?
Barry University is an International School; You will meet people from all over the world at Barry University and have the opportunity to share your culture with others.
Additionally, Barry offers a variety of student organizations where one can connect with others who will always be there for them.
Due to the fact that Barry is a private Catholic university, tuition is the same for both Florida citizens and non-residents.
The good news is that Barry does not accept any outside scholarships, and they help you with loans and scholarships based on your FAFSA.
Also, Barry puts a lot of effort into providing activities for their students. Most of the personnel are compassionate individuals, and they try to accommodate all pupils.
What is Barry University Acceptance Rate?
In the year 2022, acceptance rates for Barry shifted to about 51%. In other words, 51 out of 100 applicants are accepted into this school. The school is selective. You'll probably get in if your performance isn't drastically below average.
Also, Barry accepts students with average SAT scores of 930 to 1080 or average ACT scores of 17 to 21.
What Are The Courses Offered at Barry University?
Barry University offers many courses. Here are some of the courses:
- Administration – Legal Studies
- Biomedical and Forensics – Photography
- Broadcast and Emerging Media
- Business – Management
- Communication and Media Studies
- Forensic Psychology
- Health Services Administration
- Nurse Practitioner – Family Health
- Acting – Theatre
- Public Administration
- Applied Sport – Exercise Sciences
- Art History
- Human Services
- Biochemistry – Chemistry
- Biology – Marine Biology
- Cardiovascular Perfusion
- Computer Information Sciences – Information Security
What is Barry University Tuition?
Barry University tuition and fees are approximately $29,850 (more or less). The University's tuition and fees vary depending on the institution.
On average, the overall cost at Barry University is $47,100 when we include extra costs experienced by full-time students (cost of housing and board, books and supplies, and transportation).
Therefore, the average cost of attending college after financial aid and scholarships are deducted is $37,496 for a student receiving need-based aid or the net price.
What is Barry University Transfer Acceptance Rate?
It can be challenging, time-consuming, and complicated to switch colleges. You are not by yourself. In fact, more than 700,000 students switch colleges annually.
However, you won't be alone at Barry University because transfer students make up 14.36 percent of the whole student body. Barry University welcomed 1223 transfer candidates in 2022, and 903 students were admitted by the school.
Consequently, Barry University's acceptance percentage for transfers is 73.83 percent. This demonstrates how challenging it is to enroll at Barry University.
What is Barry University Acceptance Rate By Major?
Barry University offers many majors. In case you want to know the acceptance rate for each major, here they are:
- Business Administration and Management, General- 26%
- Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse- 14%
- Biology/Biological Sciences, General- 8%
- Public Administration- 7%
- Health/Health Care Administration/Management- 4%
- Psychology, General- 4%
- Criminology- 3%
- Finance, General- 3%
- Information Technology- 3%
- Cardiovascular Technology/Technologist- 2%
What Are The Necessary Requirements for Barry University?
Applications are accepted at Barry University continuously. It is best for you to apply as soon as possible, nevertheless.
Please be aware that admittance to any Barry University academic major does not automatically follow general admission. Check the prerequisites for the academic field that interests you.
First-year candidates are those who have never attended college or university and those who are coming to Barry with fewer than 12 hours of transferable college credits. Students in high school who have taken advanced placement courses are also affected.
The Following Application Process Is Required For First Year Applicants:
- Create a Barry account or submit a Common App to complete an online undergraduate application. No application fee is required.
- Transcripts from every secondary and post-secondary institution should be submitted.
- Test-optional admission applications are evaluated by Barry University. Domestic first-year students have the option to opt-in when applying or after applying.
- SAT or ACT results are required for students if they do not meet the test-optional admittance requirements (applies to students under the age of 21). You can ask for official scores to be delivered to Barry directly from the testing company after submitting an ACT or SAT score.
- The Barry University SAT I number is 5053 and the ACT code is 0718.
- Indicate your own scores on the application. For each part, enter your highest score exactly as you received it. If you are self-reporting your scores, only if you are accepted and decide to enroll will you be required to submit official score reports?
- Send the official GED test results and your high school transcripts, which serve as proof of your secondary education, if you have taken the test.
Test Optional Candidates
Test-optional candidates may be offered admission to Barry University; SAT/ACT results are not necessary.
Candidates who don't take the test will only be judged on how well they did in high school. Most majors provide test-optional entry with a GPA of 2.3 or higher.
Note: Specific majors may accept an applicant for admission if they have a minimum SAT 880/ACT 17 score.
However, we firmly advise applicants with scores higher than the average SAT 1011/ACT 20, particularly if considering Bright Futures, Honors Program, STEM program, and particular awards, to submit test scores.
What Are The Transfer Requirements For Barry University?
The transfer requirements for Barry University include:
A 2.25 cumulative grade point average is required for all transferable college credits.
Some applicants must provide transcripts from their high school. All applicants must submit transcripts from any colleges they have already attended.
Scores from standardized tests are not necessary.
Letters of Recommendation:
No prior institution's statement of good standing is necessary.
Fill out the undergraduate application and send it to Barry University along with a $30 (US) nonrefundable application fee.
For a $20 cost, you can also submit an application online at www.barry.edu
What is The GPA Needed To Get into Barry University?
Barry University welcomes students with GPAs as low as 3.05. It's acceptable to have a B average with some A's thrown in. If you took any AP or IB classes, this will raise your weighted GPA and demonstrate your aptitude for college-level work.
What is the Barry University Deadline?
There is a rotating admissions policy at Barry University. To give ample time for immigration procedures, it is advised to submit an application as soon as feasible.
However, it is good that applicants submit their applications before the deadlines listed below for their selected academic periods;
Fall – May 1
Spring – November 15
What Are Barry University Decision Dates?
Following the receipt and evaluation of all application materials, applicants are informed in writing of the admission decision. Following the receipt of the entire application papers, the evaluation and notification process typically takes 4 to 6 weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
In conclusion, Barry University is a great school of learning. Although its requirements for entry aren't easy, which makes it a tough school to enter, it is worth the risk if you choose to go to the school.
However, we hope this article answered your question about the Barry university Acceptance Rate and admission requirements.