Table of Contents Hide
- Massage Therapy Schools In Ontario
- List of The Best Massage Therapy Schools In Ontario
- 1. Algonquin College of Applied Arts & Technology – Nepean
- 2. Bryan College of Applied Health and Business Sciences – North York
- 3. Cambrian College – Sudbury
- 4. Canadian College of Health Science and Technology – Windsor
- 5. CDI College – Business Technology Healthcare – North York
- 6. Centennial College of Applied Arts and Technology – Scarborough
- 7. Conestoga College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning – Kitchener
- 8. C.T.S. Canadian Career College – Barrie, North Bay, Sault Ste. Marie
- 9. Elegance College of Healthcare Services and Cosmetology – Cornwall
- 10. Georgian College – Barrie
- 11. Ontario College of Health & Technology
- 12. Pharma-Medical Science College of Canada
- 13. Protege School
- 14. Niagara College Canada
- 15. Mohawk College
- Frequently Asked Questions
In this article, we are going to outline the best massage therapy schools in Ontario, Canada. This is very beneficial, especially for those looking for a job that provides a sense of purpose, stability, and a paycheck.
There are so many benefits and advantages to becoming a massage therapist in any location, especially in Ontario, Canada. What could be more appealing than a job with security? The demand for licensed massage therapists is consistently increasing.
According to insights from jobbank.gc.ca; the employment outlook for massage therapists in Ontario Canada is favorable for 2021-2023.
Continue reading to learn about the best massage therapy schools in Ontario and the general job outlook for massage therapists in Ontario Canada.
READ ALSO: Top 20 Highest Paying Jobs in Canada in 2022
Massage Therapy Schools In Ontario
There are so many massage therapy schools in Ontario, Canada today. These massage therapy schools include the following:
- Algonquin College of Applied Arts & Technology
- Bryan College of Applied Health and Business Sciences
- Cambrian College
- Canadian College of Health Science and Technology
- CDI College – Business Technology Healthcare
- Centennial College of Applied Arts and Technology
- Conestoga College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
- C.T.S. Canadian Career College
- Elegance College of Healthcare Services and Cosmetology
- Georgian College
- Ontario College of Health & Technology
- Pharma-Medical Science College of Canada
- Protege School
- Niagara College Canada
- Mohawk College
How Can Someone Become A Massage Therapist In Ontario?
Massage Therapists in Ontario must be registered with the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario to practice (CMTO).
Only those who are CMTO-registered may use the protected titles “Registered Massage Therapist” (“R.M.T.”) or “Massage Therapist” (“MT”).
Both titles are equivalent and indicate that the holder is registered with CMTO.
To work as an R.M.T. in Ontario, you must do the following first:
1. Completing a recognized Massage Therapy education program.
2. Complete the CMTO Certification Exams.
3. Submit a Vulnerable Sector Assessment.
4. Provide proof of Canadian citizenship, permanent residency in Canada, or authorization under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Ontario (Canada).
5. Show that you can speak and write English or French reasonably fluently (by meeting the CMTO’s Language Fluency Policy requirements).
6. Provide proof of professional liability insurance, as required by the CMTO Bylaws.
7. Demonstrate to the Registration Committee that your past and current behavior provide reasonable grounds.
Suppose you are currently or have previously practiced in any regulated profession, including Massage Therapy, in Ontario or any other jurisdiction.
In that case, you must submit a Letter of Standing Form for Registration with CMTO.
READ ALSO: How To Check Your Credit Score in Canada For Free
List of The Best Massage Therapy Schools In Ontario
It’s important to note that Massage Therapy diploma programs are available in Ontario at applied arts and technical colleges and private career colleges that are registered with and approved by the Ontario Ministry of Colleges and Universities.
Here are the best massage therapy schools in Ontario today:
1. Algonquin College of Applied Arts & Technology – Nepean
The Massage Therapy Ontario College, Advanced Diploma program equips you with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required to provide safe, effective, and ethical care in an entry-level massage therapy practice.
As entry-level massage therapists, graduates of this program have the knowledge, skills, and judgment to provide safe, competent, and ethical care.
This ProgramProgram teaches anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, professional communication, ethics, healthcare jurisprudence, massage theory, and massage practice skills.
2. Bryan College of Applied Health and Business Sciences – North York
Bryan College is committed to providing you with a one-of-a-kind, hands-on learning experience from qualified educators who will coach and mentor you individually based on your preferred learning style.
You’ll also get a lot of hands-on experience in their student massage clinic and through their Student Outreach program, where you’ll work directly with the public and apply concepts and techniques you’ve learned in class.
After completing your ProgramProgram, you will have the knowledge and skills to transition into a professional work environment confidently.
READ ALSO: 15 Highest Paid HealthCare Jobs In Ohio | 2022
3. Cambrian College – Sudbury
Cambrian’s Massage Therapy program will prepare you to work as a Registered Massage Therapist in a healthcare setting, athletic organization, or wellness center or to start your private practice.
Their health-focused ProgramProgram will teach you anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, and neurology, as well as intensive massage therapy techniques so that you can provide the best treatment and prevention options for your clients.
You’ll put your knowledge to use in seven clinical placements, with opportunities to practice massage therapy on campus and in the community.
The Canadian Massage Therapy Council has granted Cambrian’s Massage Therapy Program Preliminary Accreditation for Accreditation (CMTCA).
4. Canadian College of Health Science and Technology – Windsor
Their massage therapy program teaches students about the musculoskeletal system in depth. The material builds on what you learned in Body-Mind-Spirit Connection I.
Selected areas of the body will be examined region by region, including the skeletal features, muscular attachments, nervous innervation, and blood supply.
Concurrent laboratory experience will concentrate on landmark identification, palpation of the muscle group(s), functional testing of each muscle, and its contribution to the normal range of motion.
READ ALSO: 10 Best Physician Assistant Schools In Alabama | 2023
5. CDI College – Business Technology Healthcare – North York
The CDI College stands out among massage therapy schools in Ontario for its commitment to the success of its students.
Their Massage Therapy diploma program prepares students to work as valued and well-paid healthcare industry members in private clinics, medical and rehabilitation centers, hospitals, spas, fitness centers, or as self-employed massage therapists.
This diploma program teaches basic massage techniques like hydrotherapy, palpation, remedial exercise, and patient assessment.
Students learn about various massage treatments and medical topics such as anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and pathology. Their massage therapy programs also cover business ethics and professional communication.
6. Centennial College of Applied Arts and Technology – Scarborough
Centennial College’s Massage Therapy program will teach you the fundamental and advanced massage therapy skills needed to become a successful massage therapist.
This advanced diploma health program’s emphasis will be professionalism and an evidence-based approach to assessment, treatment planning, and implementation.
This college health program, recognized as a distinct and rigorous offering within the School of Community and Health Studies, will balance theory and practical application through in-class lectures, lab experience, an onsite public clinic, and off-site outreach placements.
You’ll learn the proper assessment tools and techniques to deal with a variety of conditions involving lymph, muscle, nerve, fascia, and joints of the body, as well as a wellness focus that maintains physical health, function, and mobility, making them an excellent choice among other massage therapy schools in Ontario.
READ ALSO: Ongoing Grant Opportunities 2022
7. Conestoga College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning – Kitchener
The Massage Therapy program is designed for people interested in health care and helping others, have a knack for science and problem solving, and enjoy the direct hands-on application of skills.
This three-year advanced diploma is designed to fulfill the educational requirements for certification as a Registered Massage Therapist by the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario through examination.
This ProgramProgram covers the fundamental biological sciences such as anatomy and physiology, massage therapy-specific knowledge and skills, clinical reasoning, and therapeutic decision-making.
8. C.T.S. Canadian Career College – Barrie, North Bay, Sault Ste. Marie
Their Massage Therapy program has been designed to meet the established standards of the Canadian Massage Therapy Council for Accreditation (CMTCA). It will prepare you to complete the steps required to become an Ontario-licensed massage therapist.
Their ProgramProgram is available at our campuses in Barrie, North Bay, and Sault Ste Marie.
READ ALSO: Top 10 Rated Nursing Programs in America
9. Elegance College of Healthcare Services and Cosmetology – Cornwall
The Massage Therapy Diploma Program at Elegance College of Healthcare Services and Cosmetology will prepare students to take the Certification Examinations at the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO).
For more information on the requirements and process for becoming a Registered Massage Therapist (R.M.T) in Ontario, please visit the CMTO.
Once registered, the Massage Therapist will be able to join the healthcare professionals and open their clinic as an R.M.T., or they will be able to find work in existing clinics, sports facilities, healthcare institutions, and spas.
10. Georgian College – Barrie
Students gain the knowledge, skills, beliefs, and values required to meet the Inter-Jurisdictional Practice Competencies and Performance Indicators established by the Federation of Massage Therapy Regulatory Authorities of Canada through theoretical and hands-on experiences.
Students also participate in public clinics and off-site organizations, allowing them to assess and treat a diverse patient population.
READ ALSO: Best Tips on How to Refinance a Personal Loan
11. Ontario College of Health & Technology
There are three massage therapy programs available at this school.
The first ProgramProgram is the Accelerated Massage Therapy Program, a three-semester program designed for students with a kinesiology degree and knowledge of musculoskeletal anatomy, biomechanics, and rehabilitative exercises.
This ProgramProgram will supplement their academic foundation by providing them with knowledge and skills in health sciences, clinical sciences, clinical practice, and professional practice.
The second ProgramProgram is the Advanced Standing Program, which is only available to individuals with specific prior knowledge in musculoskeletal anatomy, physiology, pathology, orthopedic assessment, nutrition, and remedial exercise.
The Full-Time Massage Therapy Program is a five-semester program that provides students with a solid health science foundation in anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology. Each semester methodically builds on the previous one.
Also, massage technique complexity increases from an introductory level to a highly integrated set of treatment skills.
12. Pharma-Medical Science College of Canada
Massage therapy is the assessment of the body’s soft tissues and joints and the treatment and prevention of physical dysfunction and pain in the soft tissues and joints.
Students learn how to improve, maintain, rehabilitate, or augment physical function, as well as how to relieve pain.
This school is committed to promoting a unique concept of Massage Therapy while providing the highest level of education possible so that students graduate with the skills currently in demand.
Students would gain the necessary academic knowledge and expertise to conduct a systematic patient assessment, prepare treatment plans, and efficiently deliver safe and effective treatment while evaluating diagnostic results.
The course will also teach future entrepreneurs how to run their businesses successfully.
13. Protege School
Protege School takes pride in catering to each student and their unique needs to realize and achieve their goals.
They specialize in all aspects of the Esthetics and Massage Therapy industries and have researched the field, the products, and the employers to reach an agreement on how to best prepare the students to succeed in this growing and demanding industry.
The school is a one-of-a-kind blend of European and Asian influences and techniques, providing students with cutting-edge advantages and a more versatile and competitive education.
The student has always been the school’s primary focus, and that focus remains even after the students graduate and enter the workforce.
14. Niagara College Canada
Massage therapists provide therapeutic massage to clients to improve their overall health and well-being by taking care of their muscular, nervous, and circulatory systems.
Massage therapists will use their skills to help clients develop physical function and relieve or prevent physical dysfunction, pain, and the effects of stress.
However, in this school, you will learn to:
- Learn and practice the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to provide safe, effective, and ethical care.
- Work with clients in supervised clinics on campus and community placement settings.
- Conduct clinical assessments, create detailed clinical impressions, and make client-centered treatment plans.
Graduates may also apply to take certification exams through the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO).
15. Mohawk College
The Massage Therapy Program at Mohawk College has been accredited for three years by the Canadian Massage Therapy Council for Accreditation (2021-2024). (CMTCA).
This school will teach you the following:
- You will gain the knowledge and practical skills required to pass the certification exams administered by the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO) and become a Registered Massage Therapist (R.M.T.).
- To improve patient outcomes, you will study an evidence-based curriculum that promotes an inter-professional approach to health care.
- Human anatomy, physiology, and common pathologies will be covered.
- You will learn how to think critically to plan and carry out safe and effective treatment plans.
- You will seek alternative health care.
- You will learn the ethical and professional skills and behaviors necessary to become a Regulated Health Care Professional.
Frequently Asked Questions
READ ALSO: 15 Highest Paid Jobs in Texas | 2022
There you have it, the best massage therapy schools in Ontario, Canada. It is true that the massage and spa industry in Ontario has grown rapidly over the last decade; and as a result, job opportunities are expected to grow by an additional 18% to 26% between 2021 and 2025.
One factor contributing to the increased demand for massage therapists is society’s growing acceptance of massage as a therapeutic tool.
I really hope this information is useful to you. Please remember to share it on social media to help someone else today!!!