Are you a business woman in Nigeria? this article is for you then. You can now apply for the Brave Women Nigeria Grant for Women-led Businesses in Nigeria, and the funding is between $5,000 to $50,000.
This is an opportunity you don't want to miss out on right?
With that being said, let's get started with the subject to which you came here for “Brave Women Nigeria Grant for Women-led Businesses”.
Women-owned/led Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs)
Available Grant: $5,000 – $15,000
- Must be located in any of the project states (Lagos and Abuja)
- Women-owned SMEs are those SMEs in which women own 51% or more shareholding in the enterprise.
- For Women-led SMEs, women must own at least 20% of the shares.
- The enterprise must also have at least one woman in top management positions (COO/CEO/President/Vice President) or 30% women membership in the Board of Directors (where the board exists).
- The SMEs must be active in the business sectors of agri-business, education, health, textile/garments and energy
- Must have between 2 and 100 staff.
- Must not be involved in providing financial services and charging interest (like conventional banks, and insurance companies) or involved in any other business not approved under the Shari'ah (including the manufacturing, selling or offering of liquors, pork, haram meat, or involvement in gambling, night club activities or pornography.
- Registered enterprises (business name, partnership or limited liability company) are preferred, but if you are in the process of registering with CAC and have evidence of business operations for the past 12 months, you can still register and submit your application.
READ ALSO: Business Grants for Black Women in 2023
Available Grant: $40,000 – $50,000
- Lead firms are large companies with commercial relationships with at least 20 Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises MSMEs.
- They buy finished products or semi-processed products from the MSMEs and are active in the business sectors of agri-business, education, health, textile/garments and energy.
- They can be located in any part of Nigeria, but must have dealings with MSMEs in at least one of the project states of Lagos and Abuja.
- The lead firm must also have commercial business with at least two major actors in its business sector value chain.
Business Associations & Cooperatives
Available Grant: $40,000 – $50,000
- Business Associations must have many active members and provide services to them in the business sectors of agri-business, education, health, textile/garments and energy.
- The business associations must provide trainings, market expansions, cost saving innovations services etc. to members and represent their interests at state and national levels.
Summary (Brave Women Nigeria Grant)
There you have it, all the info you need to know about the Brave Women Nigeria Grant opportunity. Now, you can visit the official website to proceed with your application.
Have a nice day!
- How to Start A Groundnut Oil Production Business in Nigeria
- 25 Free Government Grants for Cancer Patients In 2023
- 10 Best Grants for Service Dogs in 2023 | Application Guide
- 3 Months Certificate Programs That Will Pay You Well
- International AIDS Society – IAS Youth Hub Seed Grant Program 2023 for Young Leaders ($10,000)
- 10 Best Grants For Military Spouses In 2023
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if not, leave a comment in the comment box to express your concern or ask a question, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Remember to Share this Article with your friends on social media!! Doing this helps us improve and grow our channel and also enables us to help more people online. Thank You For Sharing!!!
Make a one-time donation to support us
Make a monthly donation to support us
Make a yearly donation to support us
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount
Support us with Your Contributions!!!
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.DonateDonate monthlyDonate yearly