If you want to apply for this international aids society (IAS) grant opportunity, then you have to keep reading to learn more about this $10,000 grant opportunity.
About the Young Leaders Program
IAS – the International AIDS Society – invites young leaders to submit a proposal requesting up to USD 10,000 to implement a six-month innovation project (from 1 January to 30 June 2023) that addresses a need in the HIV response for young people living with and affected by HIV.
The IAS (International AIDS Society grant) will support a new cohort of five Young Leaders with USD 10,000 seed grants to scale up HIV-related innovation projects that respond to a locally defined need.
Each IAS Young Leader must be affiliated with and logistically supported by an organization working in HIV and/or sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) or other related areas.
Keep reading to learn more about this IAS program so you can apply for it the right way and avoid unnecessary mistakes.
READ ALSO: Ongoing Grant Opportunities 2022
IAS Grant Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the International AIDS Society (IAS) grant opportunity, you need to read this section and make sure that you are eligible before you apply.
The IAS Young Leader must:
- Be connected to an organization that is willing and able to provide mentorship and logistical support for the proposed Young Leaders project.
- Be between 18 and 30 years old (and ideally under 25).
- Agree to be featured in IAS digital media.
- Be willing to attend IAS 2023 from 23 to 26 July 2023.
The IAS host organization must:
- Be willing to undergo eligibility checks with the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) – information below.
- Be willing to actively mentor the Young Leader.
- Be willing to logistically support its Young Leader in the day-to-day aspects of the implementation of its innovative project.
- Be able and willing to report and communicate with the IAS in English.
Benefits of the IAS Programme
Selected Young Leaders for the IAS program will be awarded:
- USD 10,000 seed grant to implement and/or scale up an HIV-related innovative project over a period of six months (1 January to 30 June 2023).
- Capacity building in monitoring and evaluation, reporting and communications, and networking opportunities.
- Travel to IAS 2023, the 12th IAS Conference on HIV Science, in Brisbane, Australia.
- Inclusion in the IAS 2023 Young Leaders Programme.
Selection Criteria for the IAS Program
The selection of applications for the IAS program will be based on the following criteria:
- Clarity of project plan
- Evidence of project sustainability
- Strength of youth engagement
- Leadership qualities of the proposed Young Leader
- The capacity of the host organization
Please see the IAS application guidelines for in-depth information on the selection criteria.
How To Apply for the IAS Program
Completed IAS proposals must include the following:
- A completed application form
- A concept note (maximum two pages) detailing the overall goal of the project, activities, budget, timelines, and deliverables that the funding would support.
- Completed budget template.
- A curriculum vitae.
- A letter of support from the host organization.
Email completed IAS applications with the subject line, Youth Hub Grant Programme_LAST NAME, by Monday, 21 November 2022, 23:59 CET.
- Polygon Bootcamp Africa for Web3 Developers ($10,000 prize)
- AgroHack Challenge for young Nigerian Agriculture Entrepreneurs (1M Naira Grant) | 2022
- APPLY NOW | The Accountability Lab Incubator Program for Young Innovators 2023
- THRIVE SHELL Climate-Smart Agriculture Challenge 2022 for startups
- Applying For A Scholarship Abroad: Important Things You Need To Know
- Best Writing Summer Programs for High School Students