Are you looking for a good internship program to be part of? Well, allow me to introduce you to the OPEC Fund Internship program. This program does offer Internships to students from diverse academic backgrounds, so they can be able to experience a good working culture and environment with an international organization.
Program Duration: The Internship program is usually run for about 3 – 6 months.
The OPEC Fund Program is designed to do the following:
- To provide a solid framework to support students assigned to any OPEC Fund department so that the focus remains on enriching the student's experience.
- To provide the students with more practical experience of working for an international organization.
- To provide the students with an opportunity to better understand the OPEC Fund's vision, mission, and related values.
All Interns in the OPEC Fund Program are assigned to different departments or units depending on their area of interest and qualifications. The Internship Program offers a lot of opportunities for all the Interns; And these opportunities help them to focus on one or more of the following sectors: The “public sector”, The “private sector“, and The “trade finance sector“.
Others include; grants; financial operations; risk management; strategic planning and economic services; internal audit; human resources; administration; communication; legal services; and information technology.
Work assignments to be undertaken by the OPEC Fund interns may include the following:
- Conducting project research.
- Writing professional documents.
- Organizing and presenting professional data and information.
- Assisting other employees with their day-to-day work.
OPEC Fund Program Internship Eligibility
For you to apply for this Internship program, you must be between the ages of 19 to 25 years and also be enrolled in an undergraduate program or graduate program. Alternatively, if you have recently graduated from a college or university and it's not up to one year since you graduated, then you can go ahead and apply before the application deadline.
All Applicants must be:
- Proficient in English. If you have knowledge of any other language (e.g. French, Spanish, Arabic) it is an advantage for you as well.
- You need to be computer literate in standard software applications at least, (e.g. Microsoft Office).
- You need to have an interest in the work of the OPEC Fund Program.
- You need to be able to demonstrate a good cultural awareness.
- You need to be able to demonstrate the OPEC Fund's core values which are Integrity, Empowerment, Excellence, Innovation, and Community.
How To Apply For The OPEC Internship Program
All Candidates for the OPEC Fund Program must submit the following:
- An online application form through the application portal.
- A resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- A copy of your university diploma or its equivalent; you can also submit an original letter of confirmation from your school certifying that you are/were an undergraduate or graduate student.
- A copy of your most recent university transcripts, showing your cumulative GPA or its equivalent.
- A short English essay or statement (about 150-250 words) outlining your motivation for applying to the OPEC Fund Internship Program.
Once you are successful with your application and have been selected, you must be able to present a valid health or medical insurance policy or any similar certificate that proves that you will be fully covered from all medical perspectives during your internship program period with OPEC Fund.
Please keep the following things in mind during your application:
- All your OPEC Fund program applications must be in English.
- Make sure to upload the statement and transcripts under the “Additional documents” section of the application form.
- Make sure to answer all the questions on the application form.
OPEC Fund FAQs
What is OPEC Special Fund?
OPEC Special Fund is a people-centered work that is focused on financing a lot of projects that can meet so many essential needs, such as food, energy, infrastructure, employment, clean water, healthcare, and education.
Who owns OPEC?
The full meaning of OPEC is “Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries“, and it was founded in September 1960 by five countries (the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and Venezuela.) in Baghdad, Iraq.
Where is OPEC Fund located?
OPEC Fund is Located in Vienna, Austria.
- LLC vs Corporation – Which Business Structure is Right for Your Small Business?
- Detailed Guide On How To Design A Professional Website and Blog For Your Business
- Beginners Guide To Blogging – How To Start A Blog Successfully
- Introduction To Dropshipping | Beginner's Guide
- How To Set up Payment Gateways on Your Website
- Detailed Guide On How To Start Amazon Affiliate Marketing Business