Table of Contents Hide
DAAD Research Grants – A One Year Grant for Doctoral Candidates
Here at Detailed Guide, you can find detailed information on various kinds of DAAD funding for foreign students, graduates, and postgraduates. We also keep you informed with the latest scholarship updates when you subscribe and turn on the bell notification.
To better understand this opportunity, let us take a look at the objective of this grant, who can apply and so many other things which you need to know about the DAAD research grants.
DAAD Research Grant Objective
The primary aim of the DAAD research grant program is to promote research projects within the context of doctoral programs. And below is the full details of who can apply for this research grant from DAAD.
Now, let us look at who can apply for the DAAD Research Grant for Doctoral Candidates.
READ ALSO: DAAD Study Scholarship For Masters Students – All Academic Disciplines
Who can apply?
The DAAD Research Grant is open for all the Excellently-qualified doctoral candidates and young academics and scientists (except postdocs) who have completed a Master’s degree or Diplom, or in exceptional cases a Bachelor’s degree at the latest by the time they begin their grant-supported research.
What can be funded?
A research project or course of continuing scientific education at a state or state-recognized institution of higher education in Germany or a non-university research institute, which is being carried out in coordination with an academic adviser in Germany.
DAAD Research Funding Duration
- 7 months to a maximum of 12 months; the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant’s work schedule.
- The grant is non-renewable.
Research Grant Value
- Depending on the academic level, monthly payments of
euros 861.- for graduates,
euros 1,200.- for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- One-off research allowance
Under certain circumstances, grant holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- monthly rent subsidy
- monthly allowance for accompanying members of the family
- In the case of a disability or chronic illness: subsidy for additional costs which result from the disability or chronic illness and are not covered by other funding providers.
To enable grant holders to learn German in preparation for their stay in the country, DAAD offers the following services:
- Payment of course fees for an online language course after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter
- if necessary: Language course (2, 4, or 6 months) before the start of the research stay in Germany; the DAAD decides whether to fund the grant holder’s participation and for how long depending on language skills and project. If a language course scholarship is granted and the working language at the host institute is German, participation is compulsory. Due to the pandemic, German courses may take place online.
- Allowance for a personally chosen German language course during the grant period
- Reimbursement of the fees for the TestDaF or DSH test which is either taken in the home country after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter or in Germany before the end of the funding period
Research Grant Selection
The DAAD Research Grant Coordination and Selection is Carried out by an independent selection committee consisting of specialist scientists who review all the submitted applications.
Central selection criteria are:
- a convincing and well-planned research or training project
- academic achievements
Furthermore, additional documents submitted that prove the applicant’s professional aptitude or provide information about extracurricular commitment will also be included in the evaluation.
In addition, in order to ensure equal opportunities, the selection committee may take into account special life circumstances, about which you can provide information in the application form.
Feel Free To Share This Update with someone today!
Nice blog you have here